One of the biggest benefits of developing a marketing strategy is that it helps you focus your resources and plan for business growth.
The planning process helps you to understand the different factors that may affect your success. Instead of worrying about the future, you can actually have a sense of control over your business.
We do help businesses with overall marketing strategies as well as single marketing tactic strategies. An example of a single marketing tactic strategy would be a social media marketing strategy only.
Are you needing help with a marketing strategy?
Steps We Take When Working With You On A Strategy
- Initial meeting to learn as much as we can about your business. We also have a questionaire to assist in getting alot of great information from you in a short amount of time.
- Based on items we learned in the meeting, our team will get to work on recognizing tactics we could use to achieve your overall company goal.
- Our 2nd meeting we hope to present tactics and provide a first draft of a marketing plan.
- Changes are made from discussions after the plan and eventually get a plan that we can all work from.
- We set up a marketing calendar for your team to run or for Dot Marketing to run and hold everyone accountable to the goals set in the marketing plan.
- We audit the work and make adjustments in the plan quarterly.
Questions To Consider When Building Your Marketing Strategy
- What’s the purpose of this marketing plan?
- What’s the problem your target market has?
- What’s your solution?
- Who is your target market?
- Who are your competitors?
- What do you do better than your competitors?
- What are your competitors better at than you?
- Any new opportunities for your business on the horizon this year?
- Any threats on the horizon for your business this year?
- What kind of market research have you collected this year that could help make decisions for this year’s marketing plan?
- Describe the service you offer?
- How do you price your services?
- What is your budget for marketing tactics this year? Includes networking, advertising, marketing, design, photography, sponsorships, signage, promotional products, events, direct mail, etc.
- How do you plan to acquire new customers?
- How do you plan to grow within existing customers?
- What are the Key metrics you’ll be tracking to make sure your business is headed in the right direction?