Are you Successfully Asking for Reviews?
You know reviews are important, but asking customers to leave a review can be a big task, especially if you don’t have a plan in place.
Businesses outside of the food and hospitality industry can struggle to get positive reviews. Most consumers don’t think about reviewing businesses that they deal with on a daily basis, unless they have a bad experience. 70% of adults will write a review if asked, but only about 10% are in the habit of writing reviews.
So how should you ask for a review? Are you better to ask in person? Via email or text message? Perhaps to use a paper handout?
While there are many options, here are some of the best places to ask for a review.
- In Person: Asking your customer is incredibly effective, especially if you have spent a lot of time with the customer. Asking in person can get you seven to eight times more reviews than asking via email.
- Website Copy: The easiest place to ask for reviews is on your website. Having a simple graphic could boost your numbers significantly.
- Thank-You Pages: Providing a customer an invite after they purchase something from your online store is an excellent place to ask for a review. It can be especially effective when reaching repeat customers who have experience with your products.
- Email: This the most effective forms of business-to-consumer prompts for content/review submissions. Consider setting up an automated email asking for a review of your product or service.
- Social Media Posts: These platforms provide a place to promote your incentives and ask for reviews from customers. It’s also great place to share your reviews and customer content to motivate more people to participate.
- Text Messages: Texting is a great way to ask for a review. Your texts can link directly to the page that you’re using to collect submissions.
- How was experience with [company]?
- Would you take a minute to leave us a review?
- What do you think?
One key to getting more reviews is letting your customer know how much online reviews can be helpful to your business. If they had a great experience with you it gives them additional incentive to help you out. Be sure to include a clear call to action link and keep the purpose of the communication on the singular goal. Do not overwhelm them with additional links to social media or your website.